Old Post Office

Now home to the Kojonup Historical Society, the Old Post Office was built in 1897.

Prior to this time, postal/telegraph services were conducted firstly in a small house opposite the police station (1864 -1884), and then within a local store.

The 1897 Post Office, which served as a post and telegraph office, had attached living accommodation for the postmaster/mistress.

By 1913, public pressure resulted in a new Post Office being built on Albany Highway.

The Old Post Office became the headmaster's accommodation, being next door to the primary school of the time.

The Old Post Office forms a part of the Historical Town Walk.

The Historical Society hold their monthly meetings at the Old Post Office, and all photographs and archival materials have been catalogued and stored in the building.

General enquires about Kojonup history can be made to the Historical Society through:
                   
The Secretary
Kojonup Historical Society
PO Box 244
KOJONUP  WA  6395
  • Old Post Office c1900Old Post Office c1900
  • Old Post Office 2006Old Post Office 2006